Tuesday 23 August 2011

Driver: San Francisco is on its way but digitally

image

Source: TGS

Its on its way and the good news is that you will not even have to move from your home because Ubisoft Reflections are planning to launch it as a digital download to the PSN (PlayStation Network)and this is what Gareth Edmonson, Ubisoft Reflections MD had to say:

“We are doing triple-A games you can download to the hard-drive,” that’s the full Blu-Ray/DVD experience you can download.”

What if you have a slow connection?

“I think physical media will remain very important, but I think things are going to shift. How long that will take I’m not too sure. I don’t agree that the size of data will be the limiting factor, though, you can store this data on your hard drives.”

Driver: San Francisco follows on from the previous version, Driv3r where if you remember Tanner (main character) had a severe car crash which then put him in a coma. It will show his action-packed coma filled story all from his hospital bed. This certainly gives the developers freedom to go mad!

The game will additionally be released on Xbox and PC however Xbox users may have a little longer wait than others. It will also be available in disc form.

What’s my view?

I loved Driv3r and I’m sure I won’t be disappointed by the next release. One thing that does strike me though is because its a so called dream doesn’t that make the whole game pointless? The good is availability, the fact that you don’t even need to leave your home to get it is a plus but you will need a pretty decent  connection though. Hmm, if you don’t have one at least Ubisoft Reflections is also giving you the chance to buy it on disc.

 

If you liked this post, share it, leave a comment, follow me on Twitter for daily updates. Finally, don’t forget to tell your friends and family about my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You must be a member of this blog to comment so come on, click the follow button at the top!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.