Wednesday 27 April 2011

What am I able to do about the PlayStation hack? Top 5

How can you tell if you’re affected?
imageThe Sony PlayStation Network has been bought down by hackers which may have obtained your personal details including credit/debit card information.
So what can you do now? Today I’m going to tell you.
  1. Change all your passwords. My advice is not just change your PSN password but change all of them to be on the safe side.
  2. Check your credit/debit card statement, if you are on Internet Banking check your statement straight away and keep an eye on it. Look out for anything that looks suspicious.  
  3. Am I liable? Now according the lending code and the Consumer Credit Act, if you are a victim of Internet fraud or fraud that has occurred while you still have your credit/debit card on you then I can put your mind at rest by saying you will not be liable for any losses from your account. Yes, good news at last! However, I would still check with your bank and talk to them ASAP.
  4. Keep an eye out for related scams. Be on the clock for fake phone calls and emails claiming you’ve won something. Don’t be stupid and look for the usual warning signs of scams.
  5. How can I stop this happening again to me? The hack is not the consumers fault so there is unfortunately not much you can do apart from change all your passwords.
Hope this has helped you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You must be a member of this blog to comment so come on, click the follow button at the top!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.